Saturday, June 23, 2012

Date Day

My parents offered to take the kids overnight last night and we gladly took them up on it!  We had a busy couple of weeks and all I (we) wanted to do was relax and sleep in.  We dropped the kiddos off around lunchtime, dined with them and then took off to go fishing.  We love fishing and really, what is more relaxing than fishing?!?  Oh, did I mention that it was POURING rain?  Hmmm, that made it interesting.  We almost decided to not go but then my Dad offered up some rain gear.  Sold.  We headed home, hooked up the boat and drove up to Chain Lake.  Boat in the water, check.  Rain gear on, check.  Brett's manvention "The Rain Chair" in the boat, check.  Relaxed?  Check.  It was most definitely raining.  Really raining.  But it was warm and under our rain gear we were bone dry.  No complaints.  AND, we limited in two hours.  It was super fun.  So fun that we decided to continue our date by grabbing our rain coats and walking down to dinner in the rain.  I am not sure why we are so afraid of the rain here in Washington when it rains all the time?!?  We had a blast!  We ate at a local eatery, Tuscano's.  Clearly it was local, we walked there.  Duh.  It was really delicious.  After plenty of carbs, we put up the umbrella and headed back up the hill.  A unique and very fun date!  Thanks for watching the kiddos Mimi and Papa!

Me, in the Manvention Chair.
Try not to be jealous of my chair and rain gear.
Date Day!

1 comment:

  1. I admit I'm jealous! The Manvention chair should be marketed. I know you are amazing at PR T, put that thing out there!

    ReplyDelete