Monday, July 25, 2011

A Perfect Pair Indeed

On Saturday we trekked over the mountains (kidless - thank you in-laws!) to our good friend Natalie's gorgeous wedding.  It was the first hot day of the year and we felt every degree of the heat on our pleather seats, in Brett's unairconditioned vehicle.  Ew.  I feel bad complaining since it has been such an awful summer but seriously, we were sweaty messes.  Super attractive.

The view.  Can't even capture the beauty.

Grossness aside, once we arrived at our Chelan/Entiat/Columbia Riverside destination we were greeted with one of the most creatively decorated weddings that I have attended.  I expected nothing less as Natalie is one of my most creative friends.  Natalie's attention to detail was impeccable.  I would describe the ambiance as simple, elegant, romantic, airy, country cuteness.  It was picture perfect and seemed effortless.  But I know better, there was a whole lot of work into setting it all up.  I am sure of it.  I would love to share pictures but my camera died after taking four.  FOUR pictures.  That's what I get for being so obsessed with taking pictures of my kids.  Total mommy move.

The wedding was adorable and their vows were straight from the heart.  The invites had an artistic rendition of a pear and stated that the perfect pair was tying the knot.  It couldn't have been more true.  We were so happy to be there on their special day.
Fuzzy, but isn't that the cutest?!?
The beautiful bride.
A closer shot.

The reception was full of BBQ and pie.  Oh the pie.  I tried peach and fell in love.  Mmmm.  She had displayed various pies (well over a dozen) on different pedestals and on upside down terra cotta pots.  Again, picture perfect and a nice change-up from the traditional wedding cake.  After filling our guts, we danced the night away to the point of blisters and sore ankles.  When the night came to an end we sauntered down the road to the Jayco.  Our friends Lindsay and Ryan were nice enough to let us bunk with them in their motor home right down the road (Thank you!).  A perfect end to a perfect day. 

Congrats to Natalie and Casey Dundas!

No comments:

Post a Comment