Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tasty Orange Chicken

This recipe can be credited directly to my father-in-law.  He was explaining how he had read that when roasting a chicken in the oven stuffing it with an orange makes it really tasty.  So, I tried it out and I am a believer!  It was super tasty.  If you don't know how to roast a whole chicken in the oven...google it.  I don't follow a recipe so I can't share my style.  I know, ridiculous.  But, for the stuffing portion I just halved the orange and put it in the chicken cavity.  I followed that by twining the legs together, brushing the whole thing with olive oil and topping it off with my favorite spices.  Throughout the cooking process I squeezed orange juice over it once in a while.  Mmm, mmm, mmm.  Oranges are plentiful in the summer so the next cool day (probably tomorrow the way this week is going) try it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment