Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bye, Bye Binky!

All binkies have left the building!  For Emmett's 18 month birthday we took away his binky.  I know, I know, we are such amazing, thoughtful parents.  It was the same age we took Jameson's away and, well, it was time.  He was starting to "binky talk."  It's hard to explain but he would try to say words but they were more of a hum in the back of his throat because he was used to having the binky in.  Details, details.  Funny thing is, he doesn't even miss it!  It took Jameson a few nights to get over not having the binky.  Not Emmett, you'd think he never had one.  He just doesn't seem care.  Whew!

Now, I have to say, I miss the binky a little.  Come three o'clock when he is a little whiny, I miss the binky.  When we are outside and he is stuffing his face full of dirt, I miss the binky.  When we decided to take an all day road trip up North to La Conner the day we gave up the binky...I really missed the binky.  Road trip?!?  What were thinking!  Okay, it wasn't that bad, there was just more whining than usual from our big boy.  I am also a little sad...my baby is really growing up now.  I mean, he's been huge for months so it's not like he is a baby per say but first the binky, next diapers and pretty soon he'll be out of all the "baby" stages.  Sigh.  Good thing my friends are popping out adorable newborns so I can get my baby fix and send 'em home.

No comments:

Post a Comment