Sunday, May 20, 2012

We Need Land

Brett and I often talk about our next (and hopefully final - at least for a long time) home and have come up with a few things that are non-negotiable.  First on the list is land.  This family needs land.  Emmett needs dirt to eat and apparently Brooklyn wants to pee in the backyard.  Yes, you read that correctly, pee in the backyard.  Not sure where she comes up with these things.  Are you thinking, how do you know this?!?  Well, it is because while I ran upstairs to grab my gym clothes yesterday morning I came down .2 minutes later and she was gone.  Not in the playroom, TV room or kitchen.  The front door was still locked.  I called for her and she answered from the backyard...even though the blind covering the backdoor was still shut.  So I peek out and there she is, poppin' a squat in the backyard.  Oh geez.  If you don't know this, we live in a neighborhood right now that approximately six of our neighbors houses have a direct visual path to our backyard.  I can only hope that they were all still sleeping since it was 7:30 a.m.  Being that she has brothers, we have to constantly remind her that she DOES have to wear a shirt at all times and she cannot pee outside.  For instance, Jameson believes when you gotta go, you gotta go...even if it is during a BBQ with friends...in their backyard:


It is an interesting balance raising girls and boys.  I am sure there are many more interesting "unfair" items that will come about over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment