Tuesday, June 7, 2011

5K Training Update

So, my first 5K is coming up on the 18th.  It is circled on the calendar and I am getting excited because I have become quite the runner.  (insert self back pat here.)  I am shocked to find that I actually enjoy it.  Pretty crazy.  I even trained on the treadmill this week several times.  I had been avoiding the treadmill like the plague because I used to hate running on it but after training outside for weeks, I thought I'd give it a try and didn't mind it.  So, now you know why there hasn't been many updates.  Going in to this training process I was honestly predicting that I'd fail (I know, how optimistic) or injure myself.  I guess there is still time... 

4 comments:

  1. SO impressed! You're slowly but surely motivating me to run as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You want to do a 5K with me? :) Seriously though, grab your jogging stroller and let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamara, I can't run a block without feeling burnt out. How did you start. Casey likes to run, and I'd like to do it with him but number one I feel like a dork running and number two my lungs are week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie - at first I could only run for a few minutes at a time, literally. It's all about sticking it with it. I was really impatient but I saw progress really fast, so that helped to motivate me. Set super small goals to start and see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete