Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Stink I Have One Question

Brooklyn has been very curious lately about why people are different.  She has said things in public (very loudly) like, "Why is that woman round like a cupcake?" And, "Why does that man have a weird leg?"  So, we have been working hard to teach her that everyone is different and that pointing out how they are different might hurt their feelings.  We encourage her to ask questions, but to ask them in the car or at home.  Not while we are standing right next to them. 

During one of these particularly intense conversations I looked at Brett and knew we were both thinking the same thing, it is FINALLY sinking in.  She was really engaging in the conversation and making great eye contact.  I thought to myself, whew, public embarrassment is over. 

Brooklyn then said:  "I stink I have onnnnne question." 
Me:  "Okay, shoot."
Brooklyn:  "What kind of animals live in the forest?" 

Conversation over.  So much for our effective life lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment