Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wednesday

Oh Wednesday, how fun you turned out to be!  Apparently, if you run full speed with speed arms (your arms trailing behind) and then bite it, at just the right angle, right in to the door frame, you too can get this on your head:


Ugh.  I'm a little guilty because I was the one chasing him.  Oops.  Socks and hard wood floors are not a good mix.  Lesson learned.  He bit it hard.  Smacked the door frame, then the hard wood floor.  He was just laying there inhaling.  I picked him up and he started screaming, hitting and kicking.  I knew it was going to be something bad.  We sat down together on the couch and he looked at me...it was then that I had to give myself a pep talk.  Don't freak out Tamara.  He rapidly wiped the tears from his eyes and said, "I not cry.  Firefighters don't cry."  Brainwashing does work.  I was literally watching the bump grow but was trying to not freak out because I didn't want him to freak out.  Brett was working so I snapped this quick pic on my handy dandy archaic cell phone and sent it as, "how big is too big for a bump on the head?"  He responded with, "don't panic...but go ahead and get the kids to the ER."  Sure, don't panic.  So, I took a couple of deep breaths, explained the situation to my herd of toddlers and halfway through Brooklyn starts yelling, "HE'S GOING TO DIIIEEEE!"  It took several minutes to get her calmed down while Jameson's only concern was if he was going to get a sticker at the doctor's office.  Seriously?!?

All calmed down and armed with boatloads of snacks we were off.  Thankfully the Monroe ER was super efficient and got us in right away.  The doctor poked and prodded J's head, thoroughly checked his neck, eyes, back of head, etc.  Brett showed up mid-visit and was pretty surprised how big the bump was in person too.  I was so thankful that he was able come from work to help out with the kids, and, well, lets face it...me.  :)  After a bit it was determined that he probably severed a small vein in his forehead when he smacked it and that is why the bump got so large, so fast.  We needed to apply pressure to the outside of the wound to help it spread and give him some Tylenol for the pain.  Totally doable.  And, rest assured, he did get a Popsicle and a sticker.

This adventure started at 6 p.m. so by the time we were headed home, it was bedtime.  We snugged up the kids and had Jameson sleep with us so we could keep an eye on him.  All was fine!  Now he has a wicked, multi-colored bruise on his forehead.  He thinks it's pretty "manly."  I have a sneaking suspicion that this won't be our first visit to the ER with Jameson.

Here are some more photos, it was pretty hard to catch the monstrosity of it:

Tired Popsicle Eater.

Side shot.

2 comments:

  1. HUGE! The biggest lump I've seen.

    Thank God he didn't DIIIIEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you loooove the drama? She is ridick.

    ReplyDelete