Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Final Weekend Post

I promise, it is almost over.  We headed home early Sunday morning on the ferry...Brett with the big kids, me with Baby Emmett.  After naps we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful day with a jog.  Ugh, stroller jogging.  Not my thing, but I think I could possibly get used to it.  We'll see.  I would love to see what people think when we jog by with two strollers full of children.  Quite a sight.  When we got back we realized that we were running a little behind, typical of us.  My big sis Melissa was picking me up at 6:30 p.m. for a concert.  To the showers I went!  Ready just in time.

In true former Broughton sister style we made and emergency stop at Dairy Queen for a pre-concert Blizzard.  However, our emergency sugar run put us behind the longest train ever.  EVER!  So we paved our own path out of town and when we ended up at a red light we noticed this pimped out Mercedes next to us blaring music with some chain smokers inside.  Upon second glance I realized that they were Jake and Josh Harris from Deadlist Catch.  So I stared at them to verify their identities while Melissa refused to actually look.  Instead she spied from behind her polarized sunglasses to confirm their identities.  The same sunglasses she has owned for six years.  What?  You don't talk about how long you have owned your sunglasses?!?  Weird.

Anyhoo, back on the road.  We got to Seattle and after several parking lot mishaps we found a parking spot and in a lot with some hilarious false advertising.  Only we could get a kick out of finding somewhere to park!  We headed in to the Moore Theater and found some seats in our section.  Some dude named Willie William Williamsham opened for Chris Cornell.  I actually have no clue what his name was, but that is what I heard when he said it.  Chris Cornell was perfect.  His voice sings directly to my soul.  He is my voice soul-mate.  Melissa and I had a blast listening to the music and people watching.  It was a very interesting crowd to say the least.  The night ended with a battery falling from what seemed like thin air directly at us on the way to our car.  What?  Weird.  Gotta love Seattle!  Thanks Melissa for a great night out.

And with that, the weekend was over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment