Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Over the long weekend we packed the kids up and headed to my parent's cabin to meet up with my parent's (duh) and my sister Melissa's family.  Six adults, five kids (aged four and under) and three dogs.  An adventure for sure! 

The "men" spent the day on Friday pulling a giant tree from the river and cutting it in to firewood.  Who knows why I didn't capture this on film.  It was pretty darn interesting. 

The cousins all played together really well so there was actually a little relaxing to be had this time around.  Brett and I were even able to squeeze in a fishing trip to Fish Lake with just Brooklyn.  She loved having a little one-on-one time with her rents.  Loved it so much that she fell asleep in the boat.  When you are tired, you're tired...I guess.  I am pretty sure we are much more interesting than she realizes.  We caught five trout and headed back to the cabin for more nature walks, camp fires and wrestling matches. 

Saturday night the adults played Tripoley.  A super fun game except it exposed a cheater amongst us....MOM.  Okay, okay, nobody cheated but the rule book was referenced many, many times.  I am confident in saying that a good weekend was had by all!  Hope you all enjoyed a safe and fun weekend as well.  

Marshmallow - 1.  Brooklyn - 0.

Cousin movie time.

Scout and Brooklyn.

Stryker and Jameson.

Jameson NEEDS a haircut.

Scoutie love.

No comments:

Post a Comment