Sunday, December 4, 2011

Elf on the Shelf

I am sure most of you have heard of the Elf on the Shelf tradition.  If not, go here to learn more: http://www.elfontheshelf.com/.  Last year, my Aunt Marci gifted us with our very own elf who soon became Fraggle.  Yes, the kids named him Fraggle.  They loved waking up each morning and searching the entire house for Fraggle and telling him all the things they wanted for Christmas.  This year, as soon as they saw the preview for the Elf on the Shelf movie on TV, they were waiting, waiting, for Fraggle to arrive.  Well, so were we.  We both remembered putting him somewhere safe last year...really safe...so safe that for the life of us we could not remember where.  We outsmarted ourselves. 

December 1st went by with no Fraggle.  The kids were horrified.  They were questioning their behavior.  Were they so bad that Fraggle wasn't coming this year?  We then went in to desperate mode...searching the garage...searching the loft...searching EVERYWHERE!  Maybe he was in the decoration boxes after all.  Nope.  Then Brett mentioned something about a safe in conversation.  Boom, the lights went on in my dim brain.  The safe!  I ran upstairs, opened the safe door and there sat Fraggle. 

After finding a spot for him I called the kids upstairs and told them that I heard a noise and low and behold they found Fraggle!  They were so relieved and immediately starting telling him all the things they want for Christmas.  Actually, Brooklyn told him about 15 things while Jameson just said one, Smokey. 

I better be careful what I write on here once the kids can read.  Luckily time is on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment