Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

For New Year's Brett's parents came over for the night (thank you!  thank you!) so we were able to sneak away for some fun.  We started by heading to Alderwood to run some errands.  We grabbed a quick bite at the new Anthony's Grill and I loved, loved, loved the mac-n-cheese w/shrimp and crab.  Mmm.  We had a few hours before we were meeting up with friends for dinner so we had time to watch We Bought a Zoo at the, wait for it, movie theater! We rarely see movies in the theater.  Too expensive, too little time.  The movie was fantastic.  I was a teary mess, but really enjoyed the movie as a whole.

Movie, check.  Next up, dinner and games at Brent and Lisa's.  Mark and Jen joined us for the fun and we noshed on Lisa's yummy chicken chili and cornbread.  We played some competitive rounds of Catchphrase and then headed to Jen's place to ring in the New Year.  At 12:30 a.m. we were all slowly getting sleepy so we hit the sack.  In the morning Jen treated us to a scrumptious breakfast and (I swear to you) the best cup of coffee I have ever had.  Mmm.

It was a fun way to ring in the New Year and the first time in year's that we actually celebrated out of the house.  We talked a lot through out the day of New Year's resolutions and I am still mulling over my number one.  I know that one thing I'd like to do is to really be present every day.  It's easy to get caught up in the routine and take each day for granted.  I'd like to end that now.  Well, I guess that the one.  :)  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment