Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oh My Yum

As I continue to procrastinate on updating...I thought I would share this oh so yummy enchilada recipe I tried tonight.  It was super easy and super tasty.  Very family friendly (i.e. mild)...everyone cleaned their plates!  This hardly ever happens.  It would be easy to spice up if you prefer a little more kick.  Without further ado, here it is:

White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce
10 Soft Taco Shells
2 Cups Cooked, Shredded Chicken
2 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
3 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Flour
2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 (4 oz.) Can Diced Green Chillies

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13" pan.
2.  Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese.  Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3.  In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute.  Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4.  Stir in sour cream and chillies.  Do not bring to a boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5.  Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6.  Bake 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.

*I cooked chicken thighs in our crockpot for a couple hours in chicken broth with garlic, tomatoes and carrots to give it flavor.  I put the tomatoes and carrot in with the shredded chicken.  It just calls for shredded chicken so you can cook it however you want.  :)  I also added some cottage cheese to the chicken/cheese mixture that was super yummy.  I can never follow a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment