Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hammer Pants, Overalls and Large Glasses

Clearly I have not been to the Mall in a very, very long time.  In the short time I was there earlier this week, I learned that Hammer Pants are in.  Super in.  Sure, they aren't called Hammer Pants, but they are baggy pants with a high waist then gathered at the ankle...Hammer Pants.  They are everywhere and I even spotted two people wearing them in the flesh.  Awesome. 

Also back in, overalls.  This does nothing but fuel my hoarding of clothes.  Everything really does come back in style.  I saw three pairs of overalls in the flesh as well in the stores.  I am pretty sure you still have yours, Melissa, so you better start sporting them.

Last, large, very large glasses.  Me, circa 1992.  They need to cover your eyebrows and go halfway down your cheeks.  Pretty sure none of them actually had prescription lenses in them.  So awesome.  I was so futuristic. 


While I won't be wearing these styles, I wanted you to know that you can.

Oh, don't you worry.  That is a real photo of my real family in 1992.  Again, awesome.  

3 comments:

  1. HA! I have also noticed hammer pants! Since when did the fashion world decide these were attractive again? Or the one piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sacrificed my overalls for Nelle's quilt...but don't you worry! I just picked up some black Carhartt duck bibs for workin' 'round the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut up, you have to wear them next time I see you. That is PRICELESS.

    ReplyDelete