Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back Update

Last Thursday I saw my Spine Doc and have procrastinated blogging about it because I was hoping for a solution (I'm a problem solver) and instead walked away with basically, well, deal with it.  Long appointment short, my Doc said that I have injured a section of my back that will be a recurring problem.  I can do a handful of things to try and prevent flair ups but if I deal with the fact that it will flair up and have an action plan, it won't catch me off guard. 

So, I will be a good patient and do the handful of things to prevent flair ups (exercise, a regular sleep schedule, live life according to my level of pain, etc.) and have mentally adjusted my thinking.  There is no fixing it.  There, I admitted it.  Thankfully he thinks I will never need surgery if I stay active.  Not a problem.  So, that fear has been put to rest.

As far as my pain right now, it's still there.  It's getting better, but is still there.  The doctor actually said it could be there for a few months due to the size of Big Bad Baby Emmett.  I just have to take a muscle relaxer at bedtime to give my back a chance to recover from lifting and having him on my hip all day.  So, I'm still poppin' pills but am at peace with the fact that chronic back pain is a part of my life.  Bring it on lower back!    

No comments:

Post a Comment