Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Outdoor Soccer Season

End of Season Soccer Cupcake Cake.
The Yellow Lions have wrapped up their season.  If you have been wondering where all of the updates have been, well, to be honest soccer drove me a little nuts.  My inner-crazy soccer mom, that I wasn't even aware existed, came out during every practice and game that I attended and I would have to check myself.  You heard that right, check myself. 

Yes, they are three and four year olds.  Yes, it was most of the kids first exposure to soccer.  Yes, the coach sucked.  Yes, Brooklyn is a bit of a drama queen.  But, it drove me nuts to see the coach not encourage the kids or offer some sort of positive reinforcement.  Luckily I wasn't the only one that felt this way and I was able to bond with some of the other parents by the end of the season about how bad the coach really was.  It's always the coach, right?  :)  

Rant aside, Brooklyn had a blast.  Our pre-game pep talks were always to try her best, listen to her coach, stay on her feet (she loved laying on the field, i.e. dramatic), and have fun.  Inside I just wanted Brooklyn to try a little harder.  When she tried, she kicked ass.  But it was 10% try.  See, crazy soccer mom.  I have learned, after having three kids, that my expectations are far too high for my kids.  Heck, my expectations for myself have always been unrealistic.  Believe me, I am getting better at being realistic every day.  It's a learning curve.

Mental problems aside, like I said, she had a blast which is all that matters.  She made fast friends with the girls on the team and they were pretty adorable when they were on the field together.  So, I think we'll stick with soccer and see if she can drop the drama and use those buff legs to score some goals.  I am going to hire a Michaud girl to coach her.  They have the gusto I am looking for.  And, heck, if she can't drop the drama I will just do what one of the soccer mom's told me to do, "get her off the field and get her in acting classes!"

Most importantly, here are some pictures of our season with the Yellow Lions: 

A typical pre-game pose.
Gettin' Serious.
And she's down...
Another pre-game pose.
Must hug all babies that are close to the field...even during a game.
What?  These girls look ready to kick some butt. Committed.
Game face.
Cheering her team on!
Almost a goal!






No comments:

Post a Comment