Thursday, October 13, 2011

Girl Day

Today my Mom, Brooklyn and I headed out to what Brooklyn named, "Girl Day."  My Mom wanted to pick Brooklyn up a few new Fall school clothes so we headed out on our mission.  The only thing that got Brooklyn through it was the promise of lunch at Red Robin and possibly a new toy.  She just isn't quite in to shopping yet.  She loves to unfold clothes and check out all of the accessories.  All of them.  I am sure the interest will come soon enough.  We still had a great time and picked up some cute things for our little rambunctious shopper.  At lunch she even took command of the menu and ordered her own lunch complete with, "I said chocolate milk, you heard that, right?"  Just verifying the details.  She did get the toy and shockingly remembers every item we picked up that day.  When I have it laying out for the next day she says, "Hey, that's what I got on Girl Day!"  So, I guess she was paying attention.  Thank you Mimi for the fun day!

When Mimi dropped us off at home it was too late for a nap so we hopped back in the car and dropped down the hill for her first haircut.  I know, she's four and a half.  I have just trimmed it when it was starting to look straggly.  But four years complete with summers and swimming pools deemed her massive amount of hair a little out of my talent this time around.  I was way more nervous than she was.  She just sat there and said nothing (I know, I was shocked too.) while the woman hacked six inches off her hair.  She worked in some light layers to blend the horrible bangs I cut for her when she was two.  It turned out great!  Much healthier.  All I managed was a terrible before picture at home and in the chair and then we were too excited to get an after.  What a weirdo I am.

Getting ready to go!

In the chair with serious face...and a blue bunny.

Today got me really excited (but I can wait, seriously.) for the many "girl days" full of shopping and pampering we have ahead of ourselves.  Brooklyn said it best, "we'll just leave the boys in the dust."

No comments:

Post a Comment