Wednesday, October 26, 2011

HFMDx3

Ugh.  That is all I have to say about this week.  The last few weeks have thrown us for a curveball and Sunday brought in the ever-so-lovely hand, foot and mouth disease.  Awesome.  Not only did Jameson wake up with it, so did Brooklyn and Emmett.  I will not post pictures of my kids or the sick pictures on WebMD but will let you build your own mental images of open sores on your, you guessed it, hands, feet and mouth.  Open sores people.  Sick.  It is just our luck that the majority of our kids sores are in their mouth, the most painful place.  Poor Brooklyn couldn't even open her mouth today so she is surviving on liquids at this point.  Well, that is, if yogurt counts as a liquid.  Maybe a semi-solid?!?  Tomato, tamato.  Our pediatrician said it should only last a week so come Sunday this disease will no longer be welcome in our home.  Please, please, please.

To boot, I decided that this would be the perfect week to try the cleanse/detox I mentioned awhile back.  I mean, we had to stay home anyway, right?  So, I chugged down the murky, green liquid detox on Tuesday morning and followed it with the packet of pills and felt fine.  Ate lunch of a delicious organic brown rice cake topped with all natural, sugar-free almond butter and still felt, well, fine.  Headed out to run errands with green tea in hand...started to feel a little parched.  About an hour in to my errands I felt like all the water was being sucked out of my every cell.  I was pounding water and it made no difference.  Halfway home the headache hit, like a Mack truck.  BAM!  Worst headache I have ever had.  Okay, second worst.  I don't think anything will hold a candle to the headache I endured when I had viral meningitis.  So, I barely make it home only to pass out on the couch at 6:30p.m.  I crawled to bed at 8:00p.m. and struggled all night with the headache and feeling like my insides were getting an indian rug burn.  So, let's be honest I quit that cleanse this morning.  I have six days left of green detox drinks and pills if anyone is interested.  I'll give them to you for free.  Although I am fairly certain there was a misprint on the label.  The crap is toxic.

And that folks is the end of my rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment